R.C. Patel Educational Trust’s R.C. Patel Arts, Commerce and Science College were established in 1991. From the same year library was also starts it’s functioning. Library plays a vital role in furthering the academic and research mission of college and facilitates creation and dissemination of knowledge. The range of services offered by the library is comparable to the best libraries in the North Maharashtra. The library is having excellent print collection of 23, 325 volumes of books, references, textbooks, books under Book Bank scheme, bound volumes of journals and theses. Beside this library also provide access to over 31,35,000 e-books, 6000 e-journals in sciences, humanities, social sciences and management under N-List database provided by Inflibnet, Ahmedabad.
Knowledge base to empower the learning community
· To develop representative collection
· To collect current information on the topic of research
· To develop reading habits in students
· To support classroom teaching
· To inform the teachers about new additions of books and periodicals to the library
· To develop healthy relationship with sister libraries of institute so that library resource sharing becomes possible
· To satisfy the information needs of the society
· To use modern tools techniques for collection, storage and dissemination of information
· To access the user needs and accordingly provide necessary services
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
· To promote the reading habits in users
· Extensive use of reading materials
· To provide every reader his/her books & information
· To see that every book has its reader
· To save the time of the reader
· Library is growing organization: a step towards development
Library provides following services to its readers,
· Circulation Service: Undergraduate students can issue one book for a period of fifteen days while postgraduate students can issue two books for a period of fifteen days.
· Photocopy Service: A reprography (xerox) service is available at the entrance to the library on payment basis. While photocopying library material, members should not infringe copyright laws.
· Book Bank Scheme: Library started Book Bank facility to the female students of FYBA class by providing a set of books to them to increase reading habit among them.
· Reference Service: Library has a good collection of reference sources such as Marathi Vishwakosh, encyclopedias, yearbooks, dictionaries etc. Library users can obtain information from these sources under Reference Services.
· Internet Service: This service provides on well-equipped computer systems for faculty, Undergraduate, Postgraduate students, researchers to browse online databases on the internet for their academic purpose.
· Reading Room: This facility is available for faculty with sitting capacity of 15 members and 100 chairs are placed for students separately in reading room of library.
· OPAC: A dynamic Online Public Access Catalogue linked with the college library software, serve users as catalogue. A search is available through author, title, subject, publisher, ISBN and Boolean logic queries. Also, users can claim and reserve books.
· Online Database: Library has subscribed to N-LIST (from INFLIBNET) database. As a part of resource sharing, college library users also make a use of SES and RCPET’s subscribed databases. Databases from both the sources are accessible globally using login ID and passwords. Students can contact librarian to obtain their login ID and password.
Monday to Saturday: 7.30 am to 5.30 pm.
Lunch Time: 1.30 pm to 2.30 pm.
Sunday and Holiday Closed.
During examination the time is extended up to 8.00 pm.
· All students should enter their names & signature in the “Student Visitor Register” while entering the library. Faculty members and visitors should make the entry in staff register.
· The student should keep their bags in the baggage section and not in the reading room.
· Students and faculty members should preserve their belongings or valuables; in case of loss he/she would be solely responsible.
· All the students must use their library card & student card in order to avail the library facilities.
· Issued books must be submitted on or before of submission dates.
· Do not put the circulars or notices on library notice board without prior permission from librarian.
· Do not write / scribble on any furniture or wall of the library. Any student found doing so will be fined and punished.
· Book will be issued as under,
Library Working Hours: – 7.30 am to 06.00 pm
Lunch time: – 1.30 pm to 02.30 pm
· Reference books will be available only in reading room and issued on the student card. Students are not allowed to take a reference book outside.
· Under-graduate students can issue one book for eight days.
· Post-graduate students can issue two books for fifteen days.
· For the faculty members thirty books will be issued for one semester.
· For renewal purpose student will have to present personally along with the book.
· The renewal of book will be done only once.
· If particular book is not available, student can reserve the book through OPAC system.
· Those students who are appearing for competitive exam, two books will be issued.
· Journals / Periodicals will not be issued outside the Library.
· If books are not returned or renewed within the specific date, fine per day will be collected form student.
· If library book is lost by the borrower, he/she will have to pay amount double the cost of book or replace the book.
· Mishandling, tearing of books or underlining with pen or pencil will not be tolerated.
· All Journals / Periodicals should be kept in their respective place after use.
· Students are not allowed to remove the newspaper from newspaper stands.
· Do not enter into the stack room without prior permission.
· All the borrowers should obey the above mentioned rules.
· We welcome your suggestions and comments about the Library in the “Suggestions & complaint Box” located in the Library.
College subscribed N-List database from May 2011. Following publishers are incorporated with N-List.
Link to each publisher on:
Users may contact Librarian to obtain N-LIST User-ID and Password.
Readers can visit https://www.sciencedirect.com/ from college campus to access following research journals.
Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry
Computational Biology and Chemistry
Progress in Polymer Science
World Patent Information
Toxicology in VItro
International Journal of Pharmaceutics
Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters
Trends in Pharmacological Sciences
Drug Discovery Today
Current Opinion in Chemical Biology
Current Opinion in Structural Biology
Current Opinion in Pharmacology
Drug Discovery Today: Disease Models
Drug Discovery Today: Technologies
Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews
European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Journal of Controlled Release
Mutation Research – Genetic Toxicology and Environmental Mutagenesis
Advances in Colloid and Interface Science
Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems
Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis
Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology
European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics
International Journal of Drug Policy
Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology – Part C: Toxicology & Pharmacology
Pharmacology & Therapeutics
Neurotoxicology and Teratology
Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior
Contemporary Clinical Trials
Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling
Journal of Pharmacological and Toxicological Methods
Journal of Ethnopharmacology
Advanced Powder Technology
Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy
European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry
Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology
International Journal of Medical Microbiology
Journal of Structural Biology
Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology
Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology
Journal of Autoimmunity
Pulmonary Pharmacology and Therapeutics
Drug Resistance Updates
Digestive and Liver Disease
Ajic – American Journal of Infection Control
Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine
Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy
Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning
Following 74 journals and magazines are subscribed by library in print form.
· Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research
· Indian Journal of Experimental Biology
· Indian Journal of Biotechnology
· Indian Journal of Biochemistry & Biophysics
· Annals of Library & Information Science
· Indian Journal of Chemistry (Section- B)
· भारतीय वैज्ञानिक एवं अनुसंधान पत्रिका
· CSIR News
· Pramana- Journal of Physics
· Journal of Astrophysics & Astronomy
· Proceedings of Mathematical Science
· Journal of Earth System & Science
· Bulletin of Material Science
· Journal of Chemical Sciences
· Journal of Biosciences
· Sadhana (Engineering Science)
· Journal of Genetics
· Resonance- Journal of Science Edu.
· Current Science
· Data Quest
· Electronics Bazaar
· Electronics For You
· Open Source For You
· सैनिक समाचार
· University News
· Employment News
· Defence Science Journal
· विज्ञान प्रगती
· Science Reporter
· Down To Earth
· Front Line
· Sport Star
· Competition Success Review
· General Knowledge Today
· Junior Science Refresher
· Physics For You
· Chemistry Today
· Mathematics Today
· Biology Today
· समकालीन भारतीय साहित्य
· भारतीय शिक्षण
· शिक्षण संक्रमण
· जीवन शिक्षण
· Education World
· Management Research
· महाराष्ट्र सिंचन विकास
· मराठी विज्ञान परिषद: पत्रिका
· Southern Economist
· Indian Literature (Sahitya Akademi)
· परिवर्तनाचा वाटसरू
· महाराष्ट्र आरोग्य पत्रिका
· Everyman’s Science
· Spice India
· Competition Affairs
· Economics & Political Weekly
· Asian Economic Review
· Banking Guru (Hindi)
· Competition in Focus
· BBC Knowledge Magazine
· Energy Future
· Indian Management Magazine
· Indian Quarterly
· Outlook Business
· Outlook Hindi
· Business India
· Vyapari Mitra
· Sadhana (Marathi)
NISCAIR Research Journals
Journals published by the Indian Academy of Sciences
Daily leading newspapers altogether in English, Gujarati, Marathi and Hindi languages are available for the users in the library.
Mr. Ratneshwar Champaklal Bhavsar – (Convener)
Mr. Avinash Arun Patil
Invited Dr.Ulhas K.Patil
Mr. Sandip Prakash Patil
Miss. Sonawane Megha Rohidas
2 Nominated students council Members
-: Librarian :-
Mr. Ratneshwar C. Bhavsar
Phone- (02563)257328 (extension – 126)